Voting for fifth Asian Curry Awards closes 30 September
The finalists will be announced at a special networking lunch in the Terrace Pavilion at the House of Commons on October 12th.
The Parliamentary lunch follows a live cook off competition and chefs workshop being held in the Pillars Kitchen at the University of West London in Ealing on October.
The cook off will determine the winners of the Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year and the Young Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year (under 30) categories.
Asian Curry Awards chairman, Yawar Khan, said: “Ultimately, the winners will be decided buy a team of judges led by Pat Chapman, editor of the Cobra Good Curry Guide, but the shortlist will be determined by votes from members of the public – there’s very little daylight between them with everything still to play for.”
The full list of national award categories is:
• Best Asian Restaurant of the Year
• Best East Asian Takeaway/Delivery of the Year
• Best South Asian Takeaway/Delivery of the Year
• Newcomer of the Year (restaurants established less than 3 years)
• Best Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year (International)
• Young Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year (under 30)
• East Asian Restaurant of the Year
• Best International Asian Restaurant
• Lifetime Achievement Award
There are also 10 regional awards for the Best South Asian restaurants in London, London suburbs, South East, South West, East, South Coast, North, Midlands, Wales and Scotland & Northern Ireland.
Vote online via www.asiancurryawards.com/nomination